Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We’re 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We’re headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is looking forÂ a Senior C / C++ developer who will be responsible for designing and developing applications that may range from desktop applications to kernel, for both Windows and Linux modules, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.Â The Software Developer will be primarily focused on applications development but may perform kernel development as needed.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Debug existing applications and kernel modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and design solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Document at both the code and conceptual level how applications work
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer in C / C++
- Experience performing low-level programming in Windows or Linux, including coding and debugging kernel, VSS and developing low-level threading primitives and system calls.
- Experience developing file systems drivers for NTFS, ReFS, EXT, XFS.
- Must have performed code reviews, crash dump and problem analysis (for in-house and client problems) and other technical troubleshooting.
- Experience designing and developing software applications using Clang, Visual Studio, and Git.
- Experience designing and developing applications and systems programs using C/C++ programming language using ISO/IEC 9899:2011 language specification standards, and employing memory management in non-garbage collected environments, polymorphism, and C++ specific notions such as friend classes and templating.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:Â
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with ourÂ Recruiting Privacy Practices.Â
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a syndicated post. Read the original post at Source link .